Monday, September 20, 2010

Jon Gabriel

I was recently emailed an interesting article - take from it what you may but I firmly believe that mind over matter is always a start:)

"Jon Gabriel (Author, Speaker, Teacher)



Dear Yoga Student,


When I first started practicing yoga, I dropped a


whopping 41 lbs in less than 2 months (which was


about 20 lbs more than I even needed to lose).


The weight literally just flew off me.


No one was more shocked then I was.


Was I eating better? Sure.


What I exercising more? Yes.


But if I’m being REALLY honest, what I did most during that crazy


time of change was I started fixing up my broken life.


Getting honest about who I was and WHY I was


treating myself so badly.


The other stuff came naturally.


Didn’t have to force it. It just flowed.


My method is called The Gabriel Method, I lost over


220 lbs WITHOUT dieting or surgery.


Essentially the theory and practice of a healthy,


non-diet way of living that will actually lead to greater


weight loss than even healthy diets.


The main tenet of The Gabriel Method is that the


body will not lose weight until it is ready;


that is, until you (and it) feel safe.


So it's really important to find ways to help your


body feel safe, and then weight loss will naturally occur."

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave me a message - any thoughts or queries welcome...